posted on October 22, 2014 16:27 by
A positive mind-set is the best way to enter any job interview so wake up early, go for a long walk and eat a good breakfast. Make sure you look rested, clean, healthy and ooze confidence with a big beaming smile.
Always remember to sell yourself because if you don't then you can be sure that no one else will. Of course we all understand this but that doesn’t mean that we’re all comfortable with it. There is no need to boast about your accomplishments or make false claims just always paint the best picture of yourself by high-lighting your achievements.
Here are my top ten tips you need to know before going for a job interview that will ensure you stand out from the crowd.
1. Always research the company before you have your meeting.
2. Research who is interviewing you by searching online.
3. Let the person interviewing know you are interested in the company and give reasons why you will fit in.
4. Talk about your strengths and show these with real examples, not just by making general statements.
5. Your weaknesses are just as important as your strengths so share them.
6. Show the interviewer you are flexible and a team player always open to add value when you can.
7. Let the company know why they should hire you with clear examples of how you’re the right person to help solve problems and how you can add value to the role.
8. Always print out your resume, any references you have and their contact details and take them to the interview.
9. Always be prepared and ready to talk about your salary requirements but don't be the one to bring it up first.
10. Let them know you want a career not just a job and always follow up the interview with a thank you email.